Tuesday, August 7, 2012

It's All About Me ~ In Pictures Part Trois!


My day started out pretty shitty.  I think I woke up  in a bad mood and it just went straight to shit from there.  It was one of those days when I woke up that I could tell I was in trouble and not only me, but the world because at some point I would have to leave the house and unleash this shit on somebody.  Turns out that happened before I even showered.

Just before we left for our 10 days trip to Georgia to visit momma, a rock hit my window and while it started out as just a small break, it quickly developed into a thin crack all the way across the driver's side of the windshield.  This sucked for two reasons.  First, I can't see to drive.  The sunlight hits it and the glare was hard to ignore.  Second, and perhaps most importantly, I couldn't take photos of it.  THAT really pissed me off.  Anhyoo, my car insurance covers it so they came out, replaced it and left.  Then I noticed something odd about the receipt.  I called the place who had done it through my insurance company and I knew when the phone was still ringing that it wasn't going to be pretty.  I know what my deductible is.  I just wasn't paying attention that day.  So, they tried to unload a wealth of shit on me and I had to turn into old school Michelle and dig someone a new asshole. I secretly love doing that because it's pretty fucking liberating.  In the end, they refunded the money and apologized like I was Mother Teresa.  As it should be.

I won't even get into my dropping my hair brush and eyeliner in the toilet or the fact that my dog whistled beef all over my kitchen floor right at my feet but these were the little signs that maybe staying at home was best.  However, I had a doctor's appointment and sitting around the house in a shitty mood while I took a vacation from unwelcomed social interaction.  Hey, it's not like I blocked anybody.  I just wanted a reprieve.



After my doctor's appointment where plaster casts were made of my feet for shoe inserts, I headed over to Karen's because she was watching the kids.  We'd planned to take them swimming and hang out a bit with Manchester United.  Such nice guys and so good with the kids.  They made me almost forget River tried to kill herself by jumping into the deep end of the pool while I was safely in the shallow end talking to Karen.  Freaked me out so much I was shaking and I'm still stunned I got to her so fast. 

Way to make the sugar "Wayne Rooney" plums dance out of my head.  Thanks for that.

So, this is me today, channeling my inner Cynthia Plaster Caster....



No comments:

Post a Comment