Sunday, August 5, 2012

It's All About Me ~ In Pictures Part Trois!


Sigh...swim lessons.  Last day.  Because of Owen's surgery and our trip to Momma's, we missed several weeks so we'll have to redo them once school finally starts at the end of the month.  If I had known about the surgery or that he would miss at least two weeks of swim lessons, I never would have signed them up but, it is what it is. Lesson learned.  Doing that kind of shit in the middle of the summer is a waste because we're too busy. 


River loves swim lessons but with Owen it is like pulling teeth.  He loves the water but he hates his lessons.  He doesn't like jumping in.  He doesn't like going under and you can forget putting him on his back!  I make him go anyway though because I don't know how to swim so it's paramount that he does.  He needs to learn to at least get to the side of a pool when he can't touch the bottom.

While I am somewhat afraid of the water myself, I don't want that for my kids.  I want them to feel strong in the water and even be inspired by it.  It's a beautiful thing if you stop to think about it.  The look on both of their faces when they run to the pool is incredible.  I just want to find a way to harvest that and allow them to fiercely love the water or at least have a deep respect for it.

So, this is me today, waiting to get in the pool after swim lessons.  Trying not to burn to the ground as my Irish skin puckers and secretly wishing I had more boob coverage.



"How your eyes they glow so fiercely, I can tell that you're inspired."



No comments:

Post a Comment