Thursday, August 30, 2012

It's All About Me ~ In Pictures Part Trois!




"Mind so sharp I fuck around and cut my head off!"

Ahhh, summer is over.  I'm not going to lie and say I didn't cry buckets this morning when I dropped my youngest little angel off at Pre-K because I did.  I'm not going to say I didn't run out of that school almost knocking another mom over on my way out because I did.  I'm also not going to say that I didn't sit in my car and search out music that wouldn't make me feel bad for leaving my daughter behind because I did that too.  But I will say that I know she'll be okay.  She barely acknowledged me when I left, which is as it should be.



Not sure what upsets me so much about leaving her behind.  I know it's a good school with good teachers.  I think it has something to do with the fact that I can't have more children and she is my last.  This is our last first, first day of school.  I'm so proud of her and I know she will make friends.  I hope so anyway.  She's a lot like me after all.


See?  Is that me or what?  I think she's actually trying to look hard.







I spent the morning doing what I can't do when I have the kids with me.  I listened to the most inappropriate music I could get my hands on and I went to my favorite park on the water that has the coolest wall on the front side of an armory just off the water.  I talked to a friend and watched people fish and boats go by.  This is the same place I took Owen's Pre-K graduation photo. It's beautiful there when I have time to stop and look.  This morning my pick for foul mouth hooligan, Lil Wayne.  I have no explanation for it, but I just love him!


Owen's Pre-K gradualtion photo.

The best part is when I got back to River's school to pick her up, the director, who I know because Owen went there as well asked me what I did with my morning alone, so I told her.  "I listened to inappropriate music and screamed obscenities from my car!"  She laughed and I said "Oh no, I'm serious."  Thank God she has a sense of humor.


I ordered a few things for myself for my birthday. A pair of Ray Bans because I've never had sunglasses that cost over $29. I am tired of shitty sunglasses. The glasses I bought are the Jackie O edition if that gives you any idea what they look like. Hot guys should wear Oakleys. Women should wear Ray Bans. That's just my opinion.



I also ordered a telephoto and a wide angle lens and a few filters, all which came today. I'm going to have so much fun with these bitches! I'm a simple girl but new lenses push me over the edge into ecstasy faster than just about anything else.




So, this is me today, staring directly into the sun with very little sqintage.  It's harder than you might think and if you don't believe me, take your ass outside and try it.  Get back to me.

I hadn't planned to use this one but of the three that were my favorite today, this one was technically best so that's why it won. I posted the others bellow.  I think I made the right choice.  Also, if I get one more message telling me I'd be so much prettier if I smiled, I will beat the ever living shit out of something that moves!  My children smile, that's enough.  I am at peace with that.





I had a really great morning by myself, well, me and Lil' Wayne and then of course the Smiths.  What an odd collection of  music I love!  I even listened to the Carpenter's on Sirus today.  Her voice was amazing!

 

"What a lovely surprise to finally discover how unlonely being alone can be."






2 comments:

  1. Hello Michelle,
    I see you are a Scary Mommy too! I love that website. Where did you find the button for Scary mommy? I started following you today I found you off of the exposure blog hop. Please follow me back at http://www.atmycounter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the best pictures. You capture each moment at the perfect time. I just point and click and click and click and maybe just maybe I get the shot. Thanks for sharing. Stopping by from Exposure 99% hop. Following you via GFC

    ReplyDelete