Friday, August 3, 2012

It's All About Me ~ In Pictures Part Trois


Sigh...it's hot today.  Not Nashville (God I'm dirty and moist hot) but hot none the less.  Also, because I have been cursed with original sin, I feel like a great big pile of shit.  All the plans I made today have been trashed and we're keeping it local.  The kids were having a friend sleep over tonight but he's sick so we got nothing, which is fine with me. 

Dinner?  Fuck if I know.  I'm just glad I folded all those clothes last night because I'm not capable of doing it today.  The kids are fed, the house is cleanish and I have my eye on the prize as far as the things I should be doing.  I'm not getting any closer to completing them but at least I can see them from where I sit, doubled over in agony.

Yesterday should have been a warning for today but I paid no attention.  The good thing is that even as I feel terrible, I can see how beautiful it is outside, even through the blazing sun.  The kids played outside for a little while so I could make my phone calls.  New window for the Odyssey in the AM so that's out of the way. I was there with them too but as they played by themselves it was nice to be alone for a little while, even if only a few trees away.  I love my babies more than anything but I need some time alone.  The surgery and the healing and then the trip to Georgia.  We've been attached at the hip for a solid month and it's wearing on me. 

So, this is me, today, outside and upside down.  River saw this photo and made me promise to take a photo of her in her boots.  Simple pleasures.

"Conversation enriches the understanding, but solitude is the school of genius."


No comments:

Post a Comment