Wednesday, August 29, 2012

It's All About Me ~ In Pictures Part Trois!



I didn't sleep well last night.  I knew I wouldn't but I hadn't expected to cry myself to sleep with worry over my son's first day of Kindergarten.  Turns out, that's exactly what happened.  I am a worrier but leaving my 5 year old by himself when he is still not totally capable of expressing himself makes me feel ill.  I tried not to think about that as I left him standing on the curb with a stranger, carrying a backpack that made him look more like a regular size 5 year old than the beast he really is.  I also tried not to think about it as I almost drove onto the curb because I couldn't see through my tears.





BUT, I did it.  I know I have to so I  just tried to let go a little which is not what I do well.  He was nervous, I could tell but he seemed excited as well.  He looked back and reached for me as he stepped out of the car and that was my undoing.  I had a PTO breakfast just after and I had to pull over and cry it out on the way.  Like an ass I wore liquid eyeliner.  I mean I've been wearing that shit for 20 years, you think I could have worked that out by now.



I take a photo of my kids together every morning before school.  This is the first one for this year.  From here on out I will probably take most of them in front of the fence at the house since they're going to different schools but we'll play it by ear.  I really like the idea of this wall behind them.  We'll see....



After I abandoned my only son and finished up with the PTA breakfast River and I headed to the park because she seemed to be missing her brother and when she is in a shitty mood, we're all in a shitty mood.  I thought the breeze off the Chesapeake Bay might do her some good.  Also, I brought my Nikon...win win....



We reflected and talked about how much we missed Owen.  She must have said "I want to go get Owen" fifteen times today and it made my heart hurt but I kept her busy.  She may understand a little more after I drop her off at Pre-K for the first time tomorrow.




We had fun.  She was kept busy and only bitched that the sun was too bright two or three times.  I had forgotten her sunglasses so lesson learned.


It really was a very beautiful and bright day and when we were there the high tide hadn't totally come in so we were able to go down on the sand.



River covers her ears is she is uncomfortable.  IE, water rushing towards her. I'm trying to break her of it so she'll stop ruining my photos but we're still working on it.  Baby steps.

We picked Owen up from school and I have to say, the stupidity of others never ceases to amaze me.  I mean what is so hard to understand about line up and do not pass?  Some chick almost pinned me between her car and mine when I had to get out to strap Owen in.  It looked so peaceful when we first got there but all hell broke loose when the kids came out.  The school did a fine job.  It's the parents, like always.  You'd need to lobotomize some people to get them to follow directions.  All I know is that if you hit me or my kid and you will need to find your happy place for the rest of your life when you hear my name.



I bought the kids Popsicles to celebrate the great day.  I love how the first thing my kids do when they get home is practically get naked.  Makes me proud!


We had a really good day and just when I though it couldn't get any better, my friend sends me this.  I'll be honest, I didn't think he had it in him but how beautiful is that friggen butterfly??



So, this is me today with River, having a "I sure do miss Owen"day.


Do I really have to do this all over again tomorrow? Sigh......


"That's the trouble with the world, too many people grow up."

No comments:

Post a Comment