Wednesday, August 22, 2012

It's All About Me ~ In Pictures Part Trois!


My daughter was born an Inauguration Day.  She's been alive as long as Obama has been President.  Say what you want about Obama but it was a pretty historic day to come into the world.  America's first black President.  It was a pretty big deal.  She was born at 11:23.  I asked if they could hold off for 30 more minutes until we had a new President.  They laughed.  Ummm, I wasn't joking.


So she's three now, which means Pre-K.  She's going to the same place where Owen went when he was three and we had her back to school night tonight.  It was just weird to see her walking through the halls, not bothering to look back.  I met her teacher, who I had spoken to several times when Owen went there.  She seems nice.  I apologized to her for the year she is about to have with my kid and warned her that River is a screamer.  No sooner had I gotten the words out of my mouth than I turn to see River dipping her fingers in the water in the flower vase and then putting them into her mouth.  Sigh.......  She can't say I didn't warn her!  I wish I could be there the first time she corrects River and River tells her to kiss her ass.  Can't wait for that phone call.



Before her back to school night, we had Owen's as well.  He's going to a new school and he seems excited about it.  It's always fun to see how much taller he in than the other kids.  It isn't as bad as it was last year.  Last year River was almost taller than some of the kids in hie Pre-K class.  Tres weird.

So, this is me today, with my baby outside her new school.  I'm so proud of both of them and really, really want to let my son leave his hair long.  Maybe a trim?  It would please him so and thinking about that haircut makes me sick to my stomach.

Side note on last night's post:  I have a Doctor's appointment at 9 AM. 

"I've never let my school interfere with my education."


No comments:

Post a Comment