Tuesday, August 21, 2012

It's All About Me ~ In Pictures Part Trois!


Long day. 

The kids and I overslept so the plan I had made to drop them off at a friends house as to not stunt their growth at my yearly Yuck Doctor appointment went into the shitter.  I had no choice but to take them with me.  The plan was to have them sit behind me but I should have known that would never work.  River was a pill all morning long.  I mean a total mess so I should have seen this coming.  Owen did as I asked but River got up and ran around the room and stopped behind the Dr, pointed and me and said "Momma, what is that?"  I swear her tone was complete shock and horror.  It was perhaps my most degrading moment as a parent.  The doctor and I laughed so hard that she had to stop what she was doing while we begged River to move.  Nightmare.

I was able to get a photo of my daughter and the Dr who pulled her out of me.  Owen photo bombed us but whatever.



After I got felt up in the worst way, the kids and I headed for lunch and to the Verizon store to hook up my friends phone which was ridiculously easy.  I went to a new Verizon store and might make the trek to that one every time because they hooked my shit up!  I got every one of the 335 photos I had taken that day before I dropped my phone into that cool, clear water.  I lost some of my contacts, so if you don't hear from me, that's why.

I let the kids play in the backyard with the water and their ride on toys while I cleaned the house and kicked ass on the laundry.  But as I sat in my chair I discovered a little lump under my arm.  It both freaks me out and annoys me.  I mean I just left my ObGyn.  Now I have to call and go back.  It's a little terrifying in that I've been to an Oncologist at least three times, had biopsies and stuff removed and I've never had Cancer so every time something like this happens, I always think in the back of my mind, "Is it really nothing this time?"  Not like I can do anything about it right now.


I spent the rest of the day playing in the yard with the kids and saying goodbye to my son's baby hair.  Not looking forward to that.

This is me today, with my babies.

"Then when the cops closed the fair, I cut my long baby hair."

No comments:

Post a Comment