Saturday, August 18, 2012

It's All About Me ~ In Pictures Part Trois!



Have you ever had one of those days when you would like to wrap your arms around the world and choke the living shit out of it?  For me, yesterday was one of those days. 

It started out okay, I guess.  I mean I woke up feeling like shit for some reason and tripped over my husband's suitcase and all but broke my toe but I let it go. We were going back to Acadia for our last day in Bar Harbor and taking the kids to Sand Beach, this time with bathing suits.

We ate lunch, the kids played in the water, Chris swam, I took tons of photos and that's when it happened.  I tucked my Droid into my top and then forgetfully bent over, sending it tumbling  into the Atlantic Ocean.  I was like 7 states away and I'm certain my dog heard me scream.  I totally lost my shit.  Walnut Grove flashed before my eyes and the thought of a 16 hour car trip home with no news from the outside world was daunting.

Also, on my phone was every single photo I had taken yesterday, at least all the ones of me.  Which is why for the first time in three years there was no 'It's All About Me' post yesterday.  I ended up finding a few photos on my Nikon that I had forgotten I'd taken.  So, to make up for yesterdays no post, I'm sharing two.


In the end I made it home, phone tucked away in a bag of rice, not that it made any difference.  I know there are bigger issues in the world and that this is a first world problem but I want my fucking phone.  I am lost without it.  What am I supposed to do, talk to people?  In real time?  WTF?  I can't handle that kind of pressure.

 I pray I can get all those numbers out because I know no one's phone number by heart, except  my own.  So if you don't hear from me for a few days don't assume I'm hanging from the shower curtain rod.  I mean I can't promise I'm not but that shouldn't be your first thought.



So, this is me today..and yesterday.  On Sand Beach, at a natural spring in Acadia and in my new Maine t-shirt. 

Glad to be home.

1 comment:

  1. Aw Im sorry your dropped your phone in the ocean. I can totally relate..only mine was a the dog bowl in the bathroom. My hubs thought something was trying to eat me. It was all okay though (totally put it in rice). You're post today made me laugh :) TY!!!
    <3 Crissy

    ReplyDelete