Sunday, August 12, 2012

It's All About Me ~ In Pictures Part Trois!




Ever wonder what a drowning rat looks like?  Look no further. Because I'm on vacation in Maine, my black cloud of doom is sitting just off the coast bringing fog to ruin my photos and rain to assure a layer of mist on my glasses all day long.  Good times.

We headed into downtown Bar Harbor today and were of course met with a drizzling rain.  I don't mind rain but when you wear glasses, it can be all kinds of annoying and I think I'm still a little out of it from out sixteen hour drive and a dinner last night which can only be described as earth shattering to the psyche.  How I didn't cry is beyond me.  I really thought I was going to.  I was teetering on the edge before we even set down.  Then when before we even got our dinner, River started bitching about needing to have her tongue wiped.  WTF?  I thought she was going to throw up on me so we just got our server to throw our dinner in togo containers and said "fuck it!"  I couldn't even continue to act like I was okay at that point.  It was one of those times when you consider asking someone to punch you in the side of the head so you can get knocked the fuck out and start all over again tomorrow.  A clean slate if you will.



We ate at a restaurant that had a taxi cab sticking out of the front, at Owen's instance.  They had a toy train that ran along the ceiling in the dining area and he loved that.  I started to snap again and had a drink for lunch.  I have a rule about drinking during day light hours ever since that one wild and crazy time in high school at Preakness all those years ago where I past out on a hill next to Brock Hart and lost my favorite blue towel that matched my eyes perfectly. I was never able to replace it, sooooo, I don't drink until after dark but I broke the hell out of that rule today with a drink I'd never heard of at lunch and fuzzy navels all around at dinner. 

Fuck it.  I deserved it.

I also deserved this groovy bracelet I bought in town.  They only had one black one and it's MINE!



So, this is me, today, sitting on a shuttle, finally out of the rain and without my giganto camera wrapped around my neck.  Wet as hell.  Don't I look pleased?

Tomorrow...boat ride!  Did I mention I can't swim?

No comments:

Post a Comment