Wednesday, August 1, 2012

It's All About Me ~ In Pictures Part Trois!



I am going to be honest, I don't want to do this.  There isn't even a little part of me that is interested in it.  However, I promised myself two years ago that I would so here we go again.  This will be my third time around and I'm hoping I can feel more open to it as the weeks go by, but I'm not holding my breath.

Thirty one days of self portraits is not as easy as it sounds, especially this year.  I feel like an exposed nerve as it is so bringing me closer to myself right now isn't something I'm overly excited about.  I've just had a weird couple of weeks and I'm not really sure where I am.  That makes it tough to get to know yourself better.  I feel pretty closed off and overwhelmed.

If I took a completely honest photograph of myself today, I would be standing in front of Chik-fil-A giving the finger to the holier than thous that line up for greasy nuggets in the name of "free speech" and "family values," however since my husband is out of town and I have no one to bail me out when I crack a bitch in the mouth, we're staying in.

This has nothing to do with looking fabulous because truthfully, most times I won't.  I would promise to always have pants on but most know that's a lie.  It's just me, everyday for 31 days.  It's how I celebrate my Birthday.  It forces me everyday into a few minutes where I just think of myself.  After my son's surgery, a week with the kids in Georgia and now my husband on a business trip, I could use that.  Well, that and a gallon of gin. 

We're going on vacation to Maine in the middle of this so that should be interesting.  I was talking to my son about this and he asked me, "But momma, what if you forget your camera?"  I didn't have the heart to tell him that I would be more likely that I would forget him or his sister than my camera bag.  Have I taught them nothing?

So, this is me, today, in the backyard with my babies.

"Most people don't know who they are.
That's why they lie. They're afraid someone else will figure it out before they do."

No comments:

Post a Comment