Monday, August 29, 2011

It's All About Me ~ In Pictures Part Deux




Have you ever seen the underside of a mushroom?


I don't mean the kind you add to your salads or stir fry, but the big ass mushrooms that grow outside? Today I went outside for the first time since the hurricane passed and came across the biggest wild mushroom I'd ever seen. This is my 4 year old son standing just behind it. He's a really big 4 year old and this thing still looks HUGE next to him.


Where the mushroom grew is where the runoff went during the hurricane so it was really wet there and is still damp. While I've seen small mushrooms there before, I've never seen anything near this size so I think the storm has something to do with it.




Another reason I'm so glad I have the Droid X. As much as I love my Nikons, I could never get this photo under a mushroom with those cameras. I like being able to take photos that matter with my phone. So glad I didn't cave and get the iPhone. 8 MP baby!



The underside of a mushroom is pretty cool, if you've ever bothered to look. Very delicate and kind of beautiful which I didn't expect. Something sexual about it as well. I totally blame Georgia O' Keeffe for that.



I looked around for Alice but she wasn't there. Lots of ants though.


Look at the size of that thing next to my D90! HUGE!


While I was "shooting the 'shroom" and taking my daily photo of myself, Owen joined me for a few minutes with his Thomas the Tank Engine and gave up the lovin. Such a good kid!


We didn't do much today except run by the gym to get a refund on the rescheduled movie night. Who wants to hang out in the pool with your kids at 7:00 at night at the end of September? No thanks. Just cancel the damn thing. Not to mention that's my anniversary and the thought of spending my anniversary hanging out in that pee bucket doesn't sound the least bit appealing.

We also swung by the Verizon store to have them look at my phone. It shut off during the storm and I couldn't get it to come back on. It just needed to be reset. Quick fix.




After that, we set off for the park. One was closed so we went to the next, also closed. Bummer. We finally found one that was open and of course every single person in the world was there, yes, the annoying ones too. Does it make sense to let your THREE kinds ride their scooters ON the playground equipment? Really? Ugggggg, some people got no reason.



Anyhoo, we did those things and then came back to the house for lunch. After River ate her weight in peanut butter sandwiches and crackers I put her down for her nap. When I woke her up, two hours later, this is what I found:





She strips her dolls naked, all of them and takes their clothes, pacifier attached and chews on them. I totally clipped my daughter's nails after I looked at this photo as well. She looks like she's been planting tomatoes!






On a total side note, this i s my daughter's favorite doll. I made her throw these clothes on it when we went to get Owen from school because I don't like her carrying a naked doll around, anatomically correct or not. Usually it's just a bald baby in his it's birthday suit. I think she thinks this one is a boy because she calls him Nathan. This is only funny if you're Nathan's mother.








So, here I am today, hanging our post-hurricane in my swamp of a backyard hoping it's drier tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment