Sunday, August 28, 2011

It's All About Me ~ In Pictures Part Deux

I'm tired. I thought the worst part of a hurricane was the wind and rain. I thought that until we went through one and my husband and I decided that it was best to get the kids together and all of us sleep together in the basement. While I understand the likelihood of a tree falling on my house is low, I don't give a shit. I refuse to let my child sleep under a large branch coming from a large tree that has bothered me for weeks. That would just be poor parenting. So, we piled the kids onto a shitty air mattress in the basement before the worst part of the hurricane had even gotten here and attempted to sleep. It was not to be.




Let me say that I love my children more than anything in the world and I feel privileged to be able to be a stay at home mom and spend so much time with them. That being said, last night was a fucking nightmare. I WILL NEVER sleep in the same room with my children again unless someone is covered in their own vomit.





We let the kids fall asleep in their own rooms and then moved them later while they slept thinking that was a better way to do it. Owen was out when Chris carried him down and fell back to sleep almost immediately. We should have known that trouble was afoot when we went to get River as the wind was whipping around the corner of the house. We pulled the cover back from her and she was wide awake and giggling. Chris carried her downstairs, we took this photo and then she ran around screaming and yelling for the next 4 or 5 hours.







Every time the wind blew, River sat bolt upright and said, "Momma, what was that?" I must have told her 100 times, "It's OK River, it's just the wind." Truth be told, inside I was screaming "What do you think it is? Were in the middle of a fucking hurricane!"

I let it go, because she's two, but she raked my nerves for 2 solid hours before I ran away screaming, got a drink and my laptop. I needed out of that basement so bad that I chose to sit bu the huge windows in the sunroom just to get away from my kids because at this point River had woken Owen up and they were insufferable. To top it off, Chris was snoring. I swear, that fucker can sleep in the middle of a car bomb, or at least a hurricane. It's so annoying.

Probably the best part of the night was when River sat up and said, "Momma, are you awake?" and then proceeded to jab me with her little angel fingers in my fucking eye socket! That felt good. I think I screamed at her so loud that Chris actually stirred from his slumber. Oh yeah, at one point I heard her say "Momma, what's this?" right before she cracked my skull with Cranky the Crane. WTF? It's a big heavy wooden crane from Owen's train table. What would posses her?




Don't even get me started on that shitty fucking air mattress! After 30 minutes laying on it, I was basically sleeping in a V. My ass was on the ground while my legs and back were in the air. Fucking ridiculous! Add 2 kids running around yelling at it being 2 AM to that and that's a recipe for disaster.

Anyhoo, this is me with zero sleep and just waiting for Monday to come. We survived the hurricane with power and Internet intact. I lost a tomato plant. Fuck it.


No comments:

Post a Comment