Saturday, August 27, 2011

It's All About Me ~ In Pictures Part Deux

I am so fucking tired of shitty weather. It would be nice to do something this weekend with the kids. Something that doesn't involve organizing in pairs and/or swimming to check my mail.

We spent the better part of the morning loading the remnants of that tree that fell across our fence into a friends truck and a borrowed trailer so they could take it to the dump. The last thing we needed as a hurricane approached was that shit flying through the neighbors windows. We also loaded as much of our deck furniture into the shed and then bungee corded the rest of it in place. I've never seen our deck so empty. I kinda wish it could stay like that. I'm sure I'd feel that way until I wanted to sit down or pick some herbs, but you know, it's a neat thought.

The worst of the storm hasn't gotten here yet but the electricity has been flickering, the Direct TV is useless and my Internet is spotty. I'm hoping by the time it gets here that it will be downgraded to a tropical storm and be nothing more than bothersome. It would be great to sleep well tonight, wake up in the morning and the biggest annoyance be having to unload all of that shit back out of the shed.

As it is now, we moved my daughter's toddler bed away from the window (which she was none to happy about), my son is blissfully unaware and will be fine as long as there is an endless supply of milk and Super Why? in the AM. We are playing it by ear. It it gets bad in the night we have discussed getting the kids and sleeping together in the basement. There is a tree outside River's window that worries me. It's the same one that was damaged in the storm and while all of that part is gone, there's a big branch we can't get to that hangs over River's room. I'm sure it's fine but I'd like it gone just so I'll feel better, but there's nothing I can do about it tonight.

I took photos of the house, fence, cars and all of the trees around our property. It's good to have stuff like that in case something does happen. Fingers crossed I can just delete them all tomorrow without a second thought. That is until next week's natural disaster comes rolling into town.

The wind is freaking me out a little. I must be the only one though because as I sit here in my sun room surrounded by windows I can hear my neighbors kid running around in the rain yelling. It takes all kinds I guess.

Anyhoo, this is me today, on my empty deck while my kids shove their toys into the water that has filled the umbrella stand. I love finding new babysitters.


No comments:

Post a Comment