Friday, August 26, 2011

It's All About Me ~ In Pictures Part Deux






Today was Owen's first day of pre-school. He was in school last year but now he's in a 5 day a week program and he seems pretty excited about it! He's kinda had 3 or 4 first days of school. He started Ms. Jean's class in February, then he went to summer school with Ms. Michele. When the new school year started he had Ms. Laura and Ms. Connie. All four of those teachers were awesome but at the beginning of each new adventure, he didn't want me to leave him. I remember walking away when I dropped him off for Ms. Jean's class and he was screaming and clawing to get to me. It was heart wrenching. I walked away because I knew it was best for him. I'm not saying it was Sophie's Choice, his happiness or learning, but it wasn't easy to leave him there like that. He cried and fought when being left for all of those classes, but there were no tears today. At least not from him.







I got a little teary as I left my smiling baby boy in line to go into the school. It was moving to see how far he's come. I love that he's excited! When I picked him up, he was so excited to tell me about the things they'd done.! It was so sweet.




While Owen was at school, River and I did some emergency shopping for the hurricane. God people are annoying! I think some of these fuckers have reverted to cannibalism as a way to prepare for the storm. Yeah, it could be bad but we don't live on the beach, we're inland so I'm hoping we won't get hammered. They're calling for up to 100 mph winds and that just won't do. I know for sure that there is a run on bottled water and D batteries. Thankfully we have plenty of both.

A friend is coming over in the morning to help Chris get rid of the tree debris that is still in our yard. The last thing we need is to have that shit become projectiles and fly through the neighbors windows. That would be a fucking nightmare. I made sure we have extra food for the week after I saw the Governor of Maryland say that we should be prepared to be on our own for 72 hours because they can't get to everyone.







Chris actually asked me if I wanted to take the kids and go further inland. Ummm, no. A/ I don't have any place to go. I'm sure finding a hotel room farther away would not be easy. B/ I want to kill looters.






This is me today with my baby, waiting for Owen to get out of school. We missed him today. Having him gone 5 days a week will take some getting used to. River asked me to go pick him up like 10 times. It was kinda sad. I love my babies!


No comments:

Post a Comment