Wednesday, August 24, 2011

It's All About Me ~ In Pictures Part Deux




I'm crushing on my baby today. It's our last free day before he starts school on Friday. After Friday, except for the summer, he's in school 5 days a week...forever!



I thought about going to the zoo with a friend or meeting some friends for playgroup but I asked Owen what he wanted to do and he said he wanted to go to the park. So, the park is where we went.



The park is kind of a free day. At the zoo, you kinda have to go from animal to animal so there's a pattern. At playgroup, you have to listen to me because you're in someone else's house. I think he just wanted to run around screaming. It's OK. I can totally relate.



I needed to stop by a local dance school to get info on registering River for ballet. I did that first thing and then we went to the park and the kids played on the playgroud for what seemed like an eternity. I just let them go because after Friday, this won't come so easy.


After they played forever, we went to Target to get Owen's school supply list taken care of. Since we were out and about, I got the kids lunch at the Target deli place. I love taking my kids there. I don't know what it is about that place but my kids are never more well behaved or kind to each other when we're there. They share their food, well. They say please and thank you, to each other and they're just kind. It's like the politeness Twilight Zone. It's creepy.





We only needed a few things and he seems OK with using his backpack from last year so it was an easy trip. I also bought River some things for her ballet class. I have never seen a leotard and tutu worked with such grace. I mean, dayyyuummm!!!



I don't know what it is about the Droid but when there is poor light, everything turns to shit. So these photos suck, but you can still see rockstar. I've just got to learn how to put that spun gold up into a bun.


I put the first outfit on her and told her to look in the mirror. She looked up at herself and said, "I'm a princess Momma!" As sweet as it was, I found myself thinking. WTF? How does that even happen? We've never watched that shit in my house and she isn't in school. Where do little girls get that shit? Does someone sneak in her room at night and whisper in her ear, "You are a princess....you are a princess." If that's the case, I'm setting up a stake out and I'm gonna gut that bitch. I want my daughter to be fierce, not a princess. I want her to lead an army, not have birds land on her fucking finger when she sings....although that would be kind nice, I guess. She'll need at least one ugly stepsister so I need to get divorced and remarry. That's just too much work.


After Target we went back to the park because that's what Owen wanted to do. This time after they played on the playgroud for a bit, we walked down to the water.



I'm still in awe at how kind Owen can be to his sister.



Can you feel the attitude? He acts like he can't look right at me for one photo. I like how his eyeballs barrel through me to drive the point home.


River was holding onto her bow for dear life yelling "Momma, hairbow, hairbow!" She thought it was going to blow into the bay.


Anyhoo, this is me today with my angels at the park on Owen's last day of freedom! I'm crushin' on my baby!

<

2 comments:

  1. Princesses, Dora, Max & Ruby, Mickey Mouse...somehow that all makes it into their little heads whether we watch or mention them or not!

    Love how you spent the day...I love kid-led days - once in a while. ;)

    ReplyDelete