Monday, August 22, 2011

It's All About Me ~ In Pictures Part Deux


The heat today wasn't as bad as it has been. In fact, I had to adjust the air conditioning because my feet were freezing. I never touch the air.

This came in handy when I went outside to work more on the tree before Chris got home. I was trying to get the majority of it in the front yard so it would be consolidated. Not only did I manage to get all of it out front, but I got two neighbors to help get the dangling pieces onto the ground and then cut them up to put on the curb. When Chris got home he acted like I'd stripped him of his manhood but I never asked the neighbors to help, they just helped. I think we should take a lesson from them. Next time there's some shit going on, send me out to work on it and men will come and do it for me. There's no shame there. Nice guys with chainsaws are always welcome.

Owen ran around the backyard playing while we tore the tree down. He complained a lot about not being able to play under the tree. I don't get it. If there's danger, my kid wants to be right in the action. It's like a gravitational pull.

Tomorrow we have a meeting with Owen's new pre-school teacher and then we wait all day for Direct TV. Should be fun. I'm looking forward to talking to his teacher and getting the list of things he'll need. Cross your fingers we get to move to the other time slot!

Anyhoo, this is me today. Well, it's my shadow anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment