Sunday, August 21, 2011

It's All About Me ~ In Pictures Part Deux


It rained again today. My grass has never been greener, which I appreciate but I'm over it. Our Direct TV is out, our microwave imploded and if I see the same five episodes of Kipper again, I might get some twine out of the shed and hang myself from the shower curtain rod.

For the last two days, I've had to make our food on the stove, like they did in Walnut Grove. What? Am I a machine? There are certain luxuries that come from having to live through the 70s and one of them is being able to nuke my food. I want it crumpled upon itself on a twirling plate in less than two minutes, not perfectly heated upon the stove in 10. I don't have that kind of time.

The new microwave is coming on Friday and Direct TV will be here on Tuesday. I think we need to microwave more to be honest. Being able to nuke a hot dog in one minute is something you take for granted when you have to wait for the stove top to heat up. Luckily we have hours and hours of saved television but we'll miss True Blood tonight. Luckily they repeat those things every hour on the hour so we can catch it later or even watch it online.

We didn't do anything else to the tree today because it was set to rain and to be honest, I don't know what we're going to do with the huge dangling part. It's just hanging there, biding it's time. I know that fucker is waiting for me to walk underneath it. I'm waiting til I have health insurance again so if it happens, I can afford to have my head sewn back on.

The kids played in the yard while I de-pooped so my husband could mow the grass, which he did, minus weed eating. It started to rain just as he was finishing. I swear it rains every time he tries to do something to the lawn. It's weird.

Anyhoo, this is me today, hanging in the yard trying to look like I'm not annoyed at the humidity during the 15 minutes of sunlight. Did I succeed?



1 comment:

  1. Well send him down here to mow our lawn, because we could REALLY use some rain.

    ReplyDelete