Monday, August 8, 2011

It's All About Me ~ In Pictures Part Deux

I woke up this morning to find that my husband, after making dinner last night had kindly left me a sink full of dirty dishes and with an ant problem, it wasn't pretty. I was so annoyed and grossed out that I did what any self respecting wife and mother would do, I loaded the kids up and we went to the fucking pool.

We'd planned to meet our friend Angie at the gym pool but then we ended up going over to a friend's house and playing in her pool. Much nicer and nobody bitching about swim diapers. It's also partially shaded so no sunburn for the Irish!

They have those little rocket things that you throw to the bottom of the pool and then the kids go get them, except my kids don't go get them so I have to. I don't know how to swim, I've never opened my eyes underwater and I hold my nose so it's kinda like Helen Keller walking through a red tag sell in a furniture store. Seriously, it would probably be more successful to just send my 4 year old. However my kids aren't the adventurous type. They have a slide at this pool and both of my kids avoid it like the plague. I don't get it. I thought kids were supposed to love the pool. Whatever. Youth is wasted on the young.

After the pool, we came back home and tried to de-dog hair the house. I'm watching Angie's kids in the morning and I wanted to make an effort. I didn't do much because we're in the middle of gutting the house and this place is a friggen mess but I at least wanted to try. They'll be here at 8ish, which is way before my daughter gets up so it will be interesting to see how that works out. My guess is that she'll be up as soon as she hears voices. She likes to lay in the floor in front of her door and kick the door until she drives me so crazy that I leap through the door as my head explodes.

I also finished a project today that I've been working on. I'll take photos of it tomorrow. I wanted to hang it up tonight and snap a few but it's too late tonight as River is in bed and it goes in her room.

So the day was going good, and then I checked my email. Someone I went to high school started a Facebook Page entitled "You know you went to {enter the name of my high school here} if." I joined the group thinking it would be kinda funny and there were times that it was but when I got back from the pool I had almost 400 emails from people commenting on that damn page. It would be one thing if I knew all these people but while they all went to my HS, many were there at different times. What the hell do I care what someone who graduated in 2002 has to say? Needless to say, I had to change my settings so I only get something now if someone I actually like posts something. I mean I didn't really even like high school!

Good day, up until I had to send Owen to his room for no other reason than he was being an asshole. Looking back, he was over the top whinny all day so by the time I sent him to his room, I was over it. I could tell because when my husband walked in the door from work not 5 minutes later and left his shoes in the middle of the room while I was vacuuming, I was out for blood. I mean, who does that? It's the equivalent of shitting on the toilet seat and leaving it. WTF?

This is me today with River in the pool. She's watching the other kids go down the slide while clinging to my suit for dear life. Good times.





No comments:

Post a Comment