Sunday, July 31, 2011

It's All About Me ~ In Pictures! Part Deux





Last year I turned 40 and for my 40th Birthday, I decided to do a self portrait challenge. I loved it and hated it so much that I decided to make it an annual event. 31 pictures in 31 days is harder than you might think. Last year the hurdle was that my Nikon was in the shop so I had to use my point and shoot for the first part of the challenge. This year, I'm pretty sure I still have strep throat so I'm starting out sick...nice.

BUT, I'm going to do it anyway because I had fun with it last year and I was happy with the photos I was left with. It's nice being represented in the family photo albums for a change.

Today is the first day in my birthday month so I'm starting today. I mean everyday is a celebration of me but I step it up on my birthday. Why shouldn't I?






A photo a day for 31 days. One photo of myself, every single day for the entire month of August. It isn't as easy as it sounds but I think it will be easier than it was last year. Since last year's challenge, I've taken photos of myself often. I'd never done that before. So, maybe I learned something which isn't generally my way. I'm sure stranger things have happened. We'll see.






I don't promise make-up or smiles, nice clothes or brushed hair, shoes or even pants, but I promise to post a photo everyday, no matter what my state. They say getting to know yourself better is a good thing and since I already think my shit doesn't stink, I should be head over heels with myself by the end of the month!




Maybe I can get a photo of me killing those fucking ants.

No comments:

Post a Comment