Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Water Sustains Me




I can't remember the last time I laid on the beach with my iPod. Just me and Johnny Flynn......


I have a lot of plans for this week with my family and most of them circle around the water which is funny since I can't swim. I mean I'm not inept, I can float but I wouldn't be be able to save myself or anyone else should there be trouble. So, my plans circle around the water, but not actually in the water. But even I can admit that there is something peaceful about the water.

I bought clothes for everyone to take family photos and photos of the kids on the beach. I've tried this before but when I'm anywhere near the beach a rain cloud seems to follow me. I think we had one remotely sunny day the last time we were at the beach. I'm not really a beach person so maybe that's part of the issue. I'd rather vacation under huge every greens than a hot sticky beach, while I chase my porcelain doll of a daughter around with sunscreen and cover ups, but I know most people feel differently. My ideal beach vacation involves littel sun, my iPod tuned to THIS song and a vacant beach but for myself and agin, ever greens. Sue me, I like trees.

So, the beach it is. I'm just excited for the change of scenery. I also bought a cool hat in an attempt to keep the sun off of my shoulders, I'm excited for that! I certainly love the water, even if from afar. I'm all over the indoor pool!!!



I also got a new CD for the trip. Laura Marling and her voice is friggen amazing! Another "thank you" that I owe to Johnny Flynn!

Tell me she isn't amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment