Friday, February 4, 2011

River's Two Year Appointment


River just had her two year appointment at her Pediatrician's office. No real issues except this weird rash she always gets around her mouth. The Dr gave me a really long name for it and I wrote it down like I would be able to read or pronounce it when I got home. It's something to the affect of Liplycrongermatisis. There is absolutely no reason to even attempt to spell check that shit. I Googled it and my laptop basically laughed at me. I have to laugh out loud because I didn't know what I was writing when I wrote it and yet I continued. The only thing I retained about her issue was that it is worse in the winter months and helped by Vaseline or Aquaphor, of which I have an ass load.

She weighs 25 lbs, 12 oz which is more than I thought she'd weigh because she's so dainty. Well, next to Owen she's dainty. She is 50% for weight and 75% for height. I couldn't ask for more in a girl, or a boy for that matter. Tall and thin I welcome with open arms.


My kids are usually pretty good at the Drs office but Owen has a new thing that he does. He likes to find all the toys and herd them away from River. He does it, I yell at him and then he continues. It's a vicious cycle. I caught him doing it and looking over his shoulder to see if anyone noticed. I noticed. He thinks he's sneaky.


This was the same day that I allowed my husband to dress River. Not sure what I was thinking when he bought her out wearing this:

Don't get me wrong, I bought both items but just because you own a Forks HS t-shirt and a pair of Ralph Lauren boot cut jeans doesn't mean they should be worn together. She is a beautiful child but she looks like a friggen hobo.
This is what I had in mind:

A look that says, "I'm still sweet but I will kick your ass if I don't get what I want."


Anyhoo, everything came up roses at the appointment and she's set for another year of rockin out.

I let her keep the socks on. They were hidden under the boot.....

Go River!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle,
    Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your kind words. Yes I did know that nothing was filmed in Forks or La Push. But It is fun to imagine isn't it? I live roughly 3 1/2 hours away from Forks. I agree that it is a fun trip for Twilight fans to make. My niece loved every moment of it. I am so glad that you had a fun six days there. We did it all in one day and were pretty exhausted by the time we returned home. We also went in Oct. too. My goodness maybe we were all there at the same time.
    Thanks again for stopping by.
    Warmest Wishes,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aside from the rash she looks so happy and healthy! Yey river, happy 2 year appointment deary. You're so beautiful.

    Love your blog. Following. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bennett is the exact same weight as River. I'm not sure his length but they said he was 75th% too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Blog! I’m a new follower Happy Saturday!! I would love for you to stop and take a look at my blog as well! Thanks!
    http://heavenlysavings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling! I love the socks ;)

    I found you from the blog hop :)
    following.

    ecwrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe <3 your blog found you on the Give It To Me Tara Hop`New GFC Follower~Shari

    http://www.1grown2togo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete