Sunday, January 9, 2011

Watching New Moon


New Moon was released on DVD on March 20th or so. I've watched it so many times that I can't even say because I've lost track, but there is just something about watching a movie for the first time when it makes it's premiere on TV. I mean having Kellan Lutz hosting the premiere helps but still, I've always been like that about movies. There's always something exciting about the very first time I see a movie on TV with the normal folk.


New Moon premiered this weekend on Showtime. I feel like I just watched it for the first time. I get all school girl giddy. It's weird. I have no idea why I do that, but I like it. It's nice to be able to make a movie that you've probably seen 50 times (conservative estimate) and make it new or at least see it through new eyes.


New Moon is my favorite book in the Twilight series. That statement alone throws most Twilight people off. I've never heard another person say that and I've never really understood why. Edward is gone for most of it but I like it the best because I think it's the deepest. So sad.


I don't think it's my favorite movie but it stands on its own. It's in the top 3 for sure, so far anyway! There are things I love about it! I love the soundtrack, but I love all the Twilight soundtracks. I love that Jasper still has a believable accent. I love that Bella still has real hair and I love that the actors still looked so young and Edward is still hot.
There are things I don't like about it. I HATE Dakota Fanning as Jane. I think they sold the story out a bit for a big name and I think she was just a poor choice for Jane. Her speech is all kinds of annoying for me. Don't even get me started on Bryce Dallas Howard as Victoria. She was one of my favorite characters in the other movies and I am so glad she dies in Eclipse so I don't have to deal with her ass in Breaking dawn. She ruined Victoria for me. I'm still pissed about it. I also think the part where Aro reads Alice's mind and he sees Edward and vampire Bella skipping through the forest makes me laugh out loud every time. I mean what the fuck were they thinking? That is the cheesiest thing ever! When I saw the twifecta when Eclipse came out, I laughed so hard in the theater that people turned to look at me. It's one of those things that is soooo goofy that it makes you uncomfortable. You know the actors hated that scene. They'll never tell you that but god they looked stupid filming it, but Edward is still hot. It's all about forgiveness. I'm a giver.
Anyhoo, Gotta go. It's coming on again in 5. WHAT?

2 comments:

  1. I had read the whole Twilight series over the Summer before I saw and of the movies. I hadn't even seen any of the actors/actresses from the movie during the time I was reading the book.

    In the Fall I got to see Twilight on On Demand (cable) for free. I have to admit I was rather disappointed with the movie. I think in my mind I had envisioned those characters having such a different appearance! And Bella seemed really ditsy?

    Maybe it was just me?

    I LOVED the books though. I really hope the author ends up publishing that last book - I forget the name of it but I know someone had leaked the actual manuscript out so she decided not to publish it.

    Have a great night!

    Jodi
    http://amomhavingfun.blogspot.com
    http://www.jodishomebiz.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just watched New Moon again over the weekend on Showtime too! LOL! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the running scene in the woods!! Really I do! But I'm a big dork so maybe that's why! LOL! I love seeing Bella 'sparkle'. New Moon is sooooooo good, but I ball like a baby through it! My heart breaks for Jacob throughout the movie!

    ReplyDelete