Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pink Cupcakes



RIVER

Tonight I put my one year old in her crib and walked out of her room while her music played. In the morning when I run in to grab my beautiful two year old daughter from the same crib and give her sweet kisses on her sweet face I will tell her how much I love her and how proud I am that she is so willful and stands her ground without apologies.



What a perfect name I chose for my baby. She flows through life with reckless abandon without giving too much thought to the destruction she leaves behind. Sounds familiar. Nothing ever stops her because she doesn't allow it.



Tomorrow I will tell my daughter the same thing I tell my son on his birthday. The same thing I tell myself. From 12:01 in the morning until 11:59 at night, it is all about you. You don't have to share anything. Whatever you want to do, we'll do. It is the one day of the year where it is OK to be selfish. You can do for others 364 days of the year, but not today. Today is all about you.

Tomorrow when we find ourselves alone, just me and my baby, I will tell her about the time she met her best friend.

About the times she made me laugh til I thought I couldn't laugh anymore.




About the times I knew that she was just like me.



About the things I put her through to get the photo I wanted.



About the way I feel when she lets me love on her.


About the pride I feel when she discovers something new.



And about the beauty I see when I look in her eyes.



What I won't tell her is how my biggest fear is the day my job comes to fruition and I get to see her walk into her own life, wherever that takes her.



Yay, my baby is TWO!!!

4 comments:

  1. She is beautiful! Happy birthday to your precious girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Michelle. Happy Birthday, River!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always take such great shots.

    I am so sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Thanks for joining the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, this is such a beautiful post, your little girl is so beautiful! What you wrote is so touching...sure go ahead and make-a-me cry!!

    ReplyDelete