Sunday, December 5, 2010

Twilight Blogazine

*Cheap use of a hot photo of Robert Pattinson. No, I have no shame*


So I got this offer. The offer is to be the editor in chief for a Twilight blogazine. I won't say the name of the site because it isn't a done deal, but I think it's a good one and I love the people who created it. They live in the Pacific Northwest and I was able to meet one of them on my trip.


The content would all be Twilight or Twilight related which excites me and I would recruit guest bloggers and even have featured bloggers who would have regular posts. I'd be responsible for recruiting new authors, maintaining good communication with them and editing and scheduling their posts before they go live as well as giveaways, blog carnivals and the occasional hot off the presses Twilight breaking news. I would manage reader comments and spam. Post about 1-2 announcement type posts a week (short and simple) and have my finger on the pulse of the Twilight world. I'd be the personality and face of the site.
The webmaster is responsible for things like promo, marketing, advertisers, design and functionality.

All in all, I think it sounds great! My ambivalence comes in because I've never done anything like this before and even though I feel totally capable of it, new things scare me. I'm not a friend of change. I'm like a 5 year old that way. I don't want to let anyone (including myself) down after I've made a commitment. But you know how (and my husband said this) you make big decisions that end up being nothing and small decisions that change your life? That's kind of what this feels like. I almost feel like it would be really stupid not to take this chance on something that may seem small now and put in the work and time commitment that would be involved because it could turn into something totally fulfilling, interesting and fun. I'm also excited about the things I could learn while working on the site. Things that may come in handy later.
I'm still mulling it over. I'd love to hear what others think.

7 comments:

  1. That's an awesome offer - congrats. Whenever big change like this comes up, I like to sleep on it and if it's still on my mind, chances are that it's something that is supposed to occur. YOu sucked me in with just that picture. WOW! BTW, did we talk about The Host yet? Did you read it? I love that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should totally do this! Sounds like an awesome opportunity. Maybe you'll get a few more trips out the PNW from this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How many people have read all of the books, seen all the movies, gone to Forks AND can write worth 2 shits - not many! Do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great opportunity to share your writing. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl I would be all over this. You need to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I'm doing it. It sounds like a nobrainer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im with SuzyQpon- I havent even seen a Twilight movie (I know right- and yet you still speak to me LOL) But your photos and stories on your trip sucked me in :o)
    Im glad you decided to take the offer- Its a once in a lifetime! Way to Go!

    ReplyDelete