Monday, December 6, 2010

Pure Genius



Rarely do I see something that is clearly the work of pure genius. Pure genius to me is creating something that seems so simple and makes such perfect sense that I'm shocked and amazed that someone didn't think of it earlier.

Today I was at Walmart looking for a new day planner. You're think these things are easy to find but they just aren't. I mean the shitty ones are everywhere but I might as well scribble my appointments on the inside of my left arm. Most of the suck and even the one I bought isn't totally what I want. I want an 8X10 weekly 2 year planner. Seems simple enough but I digress....

So I always wander around while we're there and I came across a groovy pair of shoes for River. They're black and they look a little like Keds. Since I don't spend a lot of money on shoes for a one year old, I threw them in the cart. They're cute as hell and they'll go great with her black Janie and Jack jeans that I love so much.

As I threw them in the cart I noticed something weird on the bottom so I picked them back up and studied them. On the soles of the shoes is a thick clear bendable plastic window. It's just big enough to see her little toes. There's a line that shows that it's a perfect fit! How friggen cleaver is that? How basic is that? If everyone put that on the bottom of their shoes there would be no more of the guessing you do when you buy shoes for your squirming/screaming kids. It's a crap shoot when I buy shoes for my three year old because he's all over the place.

I'm so impressed! Say what you want to about Walmart but this is the fucking discovery of the century!

6 comments:

  1. That is a fabulous idea!!! Say what you want, I need something like that for Honey!! She NEVER gets the correct sixed shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that not the smartest idea ever? This must have been what it felt like when they discovered Penacilin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really flipping clever!

    Found you through the December Blog Hop! Happy to be following you!

    Anna, The Pilot's Wife
    www.pilotwife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is indeed incredible !!! Where were they when my douter (now 10) was 1 year old!!

    prana style
    http://pranastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea!

    Newest follow on GFC, check us out at http://www.closertolucy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Chrisrmas and Happy New Year 2011.

    Best Wishes and Happiness.
    Nan
    http://theblogfrog.com/1233755
    http://beonefineday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete