Friday, December 10, 2010

A Candy Cane Dream


I just redefined yumminess. I think everything should be covered in candy canes.


This isn't my recipe but I'm totally bogarting it. I hate chocolate and it's hard to find a good non chocolate Christmas cookie that is easy and quick to make.

48ish Candy Cane Hershey's Kisses
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons milk
Red or green sugar

Directions
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Remove wrappers from candies.

2. Beat butter, granulated sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with milk to butter mixture, beating until well blended.

3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in red sugar, granulated sugar. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.

4. Bake 8 to 10 (I did 10) minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookie is set. Remove from oven; cool 2 to 3 minutes. Press a candy piece into center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4 dozen cookies.


Tres yummy!

5 comments:

  1. I totally did this with sugar cookies and devils food cake cookies! But minus the green ... :) And they weren't made from scratch! But they're SO yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recommend these cookies and I hate everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look delish!!! I'm going to have to give these a try.

    I'm a new follower from a weekend blog hop. :) Hope you stop by my page sometime soon.

    -Sabrina from www.bgamefamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Freaking amazing! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great!
    Hello! I am following you from
    http://christmasgiftshops.blogspot.com
    http://denkli-satisfyyoursenses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete