Monday, November 22, 2010

Hectic


Oh my God I am so busy! I have no idea how I ever worked outside the home. I had so much more time when the only thing I did was go to work. How people work (outside the home) and have kids is beyond me, unless you've got one of me at home to help out.


Christmas is a bitch this year and I don't know if that's because Momma is coming up for Thanksgiving or because it's just a bitch this year but I feel like I've got so much to do. We are going to lug the things from the attic so we can start decorating soon and that's always fun. I'm thinking of stripping to the bear minimum while the crates are down here. If I haven't used it since we moved into this house, it's going.


It's not just Christmas. I'm not sure why this time of year is so hectic but I've got tons of appointments for the kids and me all over the place and come on the same day at the same time so we have to split up during the day. This is hectic and I don't do hectic. Not well anyway. I barely have time to live my life, much less blog about it.


However, it is staring to turn around. Tonight in an attempt to make Christmas my bitch, I cut all of the material I need for the things I am making for the kids. River is getting a baby bed and a cradle so they both need bedding. I also got this great Wizard of Oz fleece months ago and I'm making her a new sew blanket to match the one I made for her doll bed. Now I just need to bring the sewing machine up and hammer the rest of this stuff out. I assume the doll pillows will be the hardest but if I give myself the time I think I could have it all done before Wednesday. We'll see.


I also discovered that I bought Owen waaaaaaayyyy more stuff than I bought River. Now I don't think River would even notice but I don't want her to be done opening her gifts while Owen is still hammering a way so I must find a way to even that up a bit.


It's going to be a good Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment