Monday, October 11, 2010

Twilight Trip ~ Day III ~ St. Helens ~ 2nd Trip

If I'm being honest, I would have to say that I left a little piece of me in all these places that I visited. I've been on many trips in my life but never have I see such beauty. I could totally live here. Maybe not in Forks or the smaller towns but outside Portland or Seattle, absolutely. It got harder and harder to leave each area as I knew it could be years before I saw them again.



But we kept moving and after leaving the Bridge of the Gods and Cape Horn, we headed back into Oregon and towards Portland to cut up to St. Helens where quite a bit of Twilight was shot. If you come to this area and only go to Forks and La Push, you're selling yourself short. I'd seen everything that I wanted to see in St. Helens and in my rush to get back to Portland, I forgot one thing. I forgot to stop by Charlie and Bella's House!





The Swan residence is located at 184 S 6th Street in St. Helens. It was like a five minute drive from where I'd been just the day before on 1st and 2nd Street. I am an idiot to have forgotten it but am grateful that my husband didn't give me any grief when I mentioned swinging back by on the way to Forks.

The house is the last one on the left as you drive up 6th Street and it is impossible to miss. It sits on a nice green lawn that is bigger than I thought it would be. I think my favorite thing about the house is the entryway. I love the wooden door and the railing that separates the steps. It's also very white. It looks newly painted although I can't be sure. I think it's a good representation as to the house in the book, which is nice. As amazing as the Cullen house is, it's nothing like the book, but it was perfect for the movie.


The house is used throughout the movie both inside and out. The kitchen, bathroom, Bella's room, when Bella leaves Charlie in the foyer when running from James and when Charlie is drinking beer and cleaning his gun (which I always found funny) in the dining room. I'm sure there are other scenes but those are the ones that stand out in my memory.


Through the walking bay is the kitchen. I could see the fridge from the street and I wasn't even trying to peek in their windows. I'm sure they get enough of that.




Me in front of the Swan house. I was a self photo taking fool on this trip! Nothing is more liberating that pulling out your camera in the middle of twenty people and turning it on yourself. People look at you like you're crazy! I was alone here except for Chris in the car but usually there were people around me. I can't imagine not doing it and then coming home without these photos. I'd be pissed! That's what my 31 days of self portraits project did for me. Everyone should do that. It allows you to see yourself in a whole new light. If I didn't know I rocked before, that was an eye opener!




This is where Bella fell on the ice.




At the end of the driveway is where Bella was cleaning her truck when Edward (sigh...) jumped down from it.





Heeeeyyyy!!!!




I was sad to leave the Swan house but we had one more stop to make before setting off for Forks. I did spend a little time showing Chris a few things in St. Helens like the alley, Bloated Toad, the parking lot, the dress shop and the court house. I mean we're here, right? He seemed to be more interested in the courtyard in front of the courthouse. There's some neat things there about their history and he was a history major. I posted the in the other St. Helens trip but I'll post a couple here so you know what I'm talking about:


I liked the little paw prints.


Now, on to Washington State and the high school!

No comments:

Post a Comment