Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop ~ About Me

Mam Kat's prompts this week are:

1.) In what way were you labeled as a child and how did it affect you?
2.) About me. Do you have an about me page? Because people want to know. Write a page that describes who you are and what you're about or spruce up your current about me page!3.) A wardrobe malfunction.
4.) It was SUCH a big deal...write about a fight you got into that you were passionate about then, but that seems silly now.
5.) A time you feared for the safety of a loved one.

I chose number two because I've been meaning to do something about the "About Me" tab on my blog anyway. So, here it goes:


I'm a happily married mother of two young beautiful children, but I haven't always been that, in fact, it's relatively new.

I was born in Nashville Tennessee and went to art school in New York City. I didn't finish and I don't feel bad about that now. I was a photography major and my love for the art still holds strong. When I moved back to Nashville after school, I realized I still hated it as much as I had so I got out when the chance presented itself. I moved to Maryland with a friend in 1992. I'm not a big fan of Maryland either. What are you gonna do?



I'm a Leo in every since of the word. I'm a bully. I think I know everything. I think everything should be about me and I think I'm more fun that most people. Not because I'm smarter although often that's certainly true, but because I have the balls to have a good time, by any means necessary.



I'm a wife to an excellent husband who will comment on how great he is later after he reads this but I haven't always been that. I've dated some first class losers including a guy who by all accounts was completely socially retarded. I was slow enough to date him for 10 years. Eight years past his expiration. By the time I dumped his ass, he was curdled.


I'm a smart ass. I'm a bitch. I hate everything and people annoy me, especially the real happy ones. It just isn't natural. I live on Facebook because that's where I talk to my friends and family but I wish so many people from high school didn't know it was me. I mean if I talk to you, I like you but seeing your status about how wonderful your life is while I know your husband is boning your sister gets tired. I didn't care about you then and I care even less now.



I worry more than should be allowed, to the point of making myself sick. I think I've gotten better at this over the years but having children has definitely made me both more sensitive and more evil, but I still worry. I mean what if the hokey pokey IS what it's all about?



Since I don't like much, it is shocking to those who know me when I do like something, but when I really love something, I know how to do it! If you're my favorite band, the fact that I've seen you 30+ times isn't shocking. If you're one of my favorite modern movies, it isn't that shocking that I've seen you over 40 times and traveled all the way across the country to see where you were filmed. I LOVE few things but I take it way past the point of normalcy when I do and again, I'm totally fine with that. I mean who am I trying to impress? My theory is that if you don't like me now, stop trying because I don't get any better or any worse than I am right now. I steamroll my way through life and it works for me. It's rare that I'm challenged but find it refreshing when it happens. I'm kinda your modern day Katerina from Taming of the Shrew, my favorite Shakespeare play.

I've got a string of enemies across my travels because if I think you're shit, I'll tell you. I don't waste time worrying about what you might think about that. I mean I'll give you the shirt off my back if you're deserving but I'll stomp on you if you're wasting my time or taking from my family.

I recently turned 40 and am the coolest bitch ever! I'm actually kinda pissed that as cool as I was, I wasn't this cool in high school. I wasted so much time growing into the person I am now. I think my shit doesn't stink and I highly recommend that. I quit my job when my now 3 1/2 year old son was born. I'm now a stay at home mom, so I work full time.


Most people wouldn't but I'm totally gonna make this my new "About Me" page. It covers everything, I think.


Any questions?

*EDIT* Well, I would have made it my new "About Me" page but I can't be contained in 1200 words or less. It just isn't possible.
Mama's Losin' It



3 comments:

  1. The only thing that I hate more than the "my life is always amazing" people on facebook are the constant whiners. "My neck hurts, I'm tired, it's so hard being me..." (Mostly that's my sister.)
    I've only recently discovered your blog, but I enjoy your crazy self and it was fun to get to know you more with your "about me" page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, stopping by to let you know I had to dump the "soccermom" was getting harrassed.
    Stop by my new place.
    if ya want
    therealperception.blogspot.com

    thanks
    kittycat

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg i just love you! you are the shit bitch!

    ReplyDelete