Monday, September 27, 2010

Wow! Today Didn't Suck! Who Saw That Coming?


When I woke this morning, bright and early to help my husband (because of his injury) get out of bed, I didn't expect much from the day. The kids were awake earlier than usual and I did what I always do, I made breakfast for them and had it on the table before I got them from their rooms. It's just easier that way. They're both very demanding where food is concerned and expect it there so to just skip right past the moaning, I have it ready.


At 8 AM, I called the Orthopedist to schedule an appointment for Chris and strong armed our way into the 9:45 slot. They mentioned something about coming at 1:15 on Wednesday but I acted like I didn't hear it. That just wasn't doable. I told them Chris was in a great deal of pain and was having trouble getting around. Neither of these things are that far from the truth but I made it sound worse to fit my needs. I didn't even let Chris in on my debauchery so when we were filling out his paper work and I asked him, what his pain level was (1-10) and he said , "Maybe a 3 or 4?" I said, "Seriously?" I was trying to get him to up it so he would at least match what I said on the phone. I put a 4 and let it go. I DID have to giggle when he winced a bit when she pressed around on his ankle. My plans always fall into place.


Probably the best thing about that appointment was discovering that he CAN go on our Twilight trip (yes, that is what I'm calling it) when I was starting to think it impossible. They took the bandage off and gave him something for swelling. He has to wear the boot and take one crutch for balance but can walk on his foot. Yay! This is good news!


After I put Owen on the bus I drove Chris's car to get an oil change, get his prescriptions filled and got my hair cut. I didn't think I'd be able to fit that in this week but River was napping so I had free time. I also faxed my blood sugars for the week to my Endocrinologist to see if I can stay off my Metformin. I should hear tomorrow. While it would be great to totally be off the medicine, my fasting number started to creep up bu the end of the week so I won't be shocked if she tells me to take one pill at night. I can't complain if that is the case. It's better than the four I was taking.
So glad I don't have to fly all the way to Portland by myself. The drive to Forks alone would have done me in. It's like 5 hours! Five hours of talking to myself, stopping to take a photo whenever I want and listening to the music of my choosing. Hey, wait! (Just teasing dear)
Anyhoo, now I get to get excited about the trip again. Pull out my big red bag and start packing. I've got my lenses all ready, all memory cards are blank and my batteries are charged. Now I've just got to get Dell to get off their ass and fix my laptop. They're sending a guy out tomorrow at 11 AM. Hopefully they'll do it right this time. We'll see. I plan to be here right after he leaves so if he fucks it up, you'll know before Dell does because I'll be typing while I'm on hold and connecting to India.
But I'm excited none the less. This is the last thing that could put a damper on things and I'm going out of my way to make sure it doesn't happen. I just can't wait to take the crazy photos I have planned and wear my new rainboots to First Beach so I can stand IN the water. I love photos of a beach from in the water. So excited! Just wait til you see the photos of m Pocket Edward! Ohhh, how I need an intervention.......
I'm also excited that my kids get to stay in the house. They get to sleep in their own beds and someone is watching our giant attack dog. Putting her in a kennel is a nightmare that I wasn't interested in. Except for the fact that we'll be gone for a few days, nothing changes for them. That pleases me.
Why am I posting photos of Robert Pattinson in my blog posts for no apparent reason? Because he's fucking hot! That's all the reason I need. Nothing wrong with eyeball candy.


new button

1 comment:

  1. You had me at Robert Pattinson lol! Glad to read things are looking up for you! What a difference a day makes. Can't wait to see those photos!

    ReplyDelete