Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Twilight Trip ~ Final Touches



I've taken some time off from blogging this week because I've been writing a lot. I plan to get back into involving the world in my life once I get over this little hump I'm dealing with.


Plane tickets ~ Check


Hotel reservations in all cities ~ Check


Car rental ~ Check


Twilight Tour Ticket(s) ~ Check


Babysitter for the kids ~ Check


I am so ready for this trip, I can't even tell you! I have memory cards, batteries, new boots so I don't ruin my tennis shoes on a beach that will probably be wet and I'll lay down on (don't ask) and I even bought new jeans so the ones that are too big for me won't drag the ground. I think I've thought of everything. I got a Trip Tic from AAA along with an ass load of maps. I don't know how we can go wrong!


We start in Portland which is where the Twilight Convention is. I don't plan on going to the actual convention because I've done that already and meeting the Wolf Pack isn't something I dream about. I know that's Twilight blasphemy but it is what it is. We're staying there a couple of nights and on Saturday morning I'm taking the bus tour with Catherine Hardwicke. Seriously, I'm all kinds of excited for this! How cool is that going to be? I wish I knew more about where we were going to better help plan but it will kick ass regardless! A five hour bus tour with the director of one of my favorite movies? How can I go wrong?


I've never been anywhere near this so I'm excited about seeing it! I envision it being pretty green. Why wouldn't it be? The Hoh National Rain forest is there and it looks beautiful in the photos I found during my research on the area. I can't imagine getting out there again so I'm going to make this trip count. We're so far away that I can't see ever talking my husband into doing this again.
I Googled the weather for this time of year and sent an email to someone out there who might know. I don't want to get out there and have all the wrong clothes. The less crap I bring on this trip the better so I'm not trying to bring "just in case" stuff that I don't have the room for.
I'm pretty excited about driving to St. Helens as well. It's a little side trip while we're in Portland. There's a store called Experience Twilight and the girls who run it are crazy nice and have been very helpful in my planning.
Oh the things I'll buy! I can't even tell you about all the photos I will take! I plan to blog everyday while I'm away but we'll see.
I've also added a tab under the "Ongoing Posts" section to make it easier to find my Twilight posts. I was having a hard time locating them and just wanted it to be easier.






6 comments:

  1. Sounds so fun! I live in Oregon {Southern Oregon} and would love to have done this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how very cool ~ can't wait to read about it & see the pix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun! Can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. have fun! you also have a blog award on my blog check it out

    www.ladii-aponte.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete