Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Lovin' My New Lens!



Yeah, I know. I said I was over taking photos of myself but this one isn't of me, it's of my camera and my new lens! I am lovin hard on my new top secret lens! I just brought it out into the daylight for the first time yesterday. I call it my "top secret" lens because I snuck around to buy it. Granted, I used some Birthday money but I didn't tell my husband I was getting it which is shaddy. I finally fessed up after the fact and he didn't seem to care but still, shaddy.


Anyhoo, the damage is done so I can enjoy my new 50 mm lens! I took a photo of it to show the gigantic shutter openeing. It's crazy. I tested it yesterday in low light situations and where my other lens needed a flash, this lens did not. It's a portrait lens so I'll see what kind of trouble I can get into with it.



I've wanted this lens for a while and just never got it. I thought about the 1.4 but decided that I could live without it for now. This one was so much cheaper and on sale at that. I know it's more than I need for what I'm doing.

So excited!

2 comments:

  1. so cool, it's great to get what you want :) enjoy your new lens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! You can't go wrong with the 50 1.8. I'm way too excited because if things go according to plan, I'm about to upgrade to the 1.4. WOO HOO!

    You'll love that 1.8. For the price it is a sweet, sweet lens!

    ReplyDelete