Monday, September 13, 2010

Going Number 2


I did something stupid. I told my son, who is in the middle of being potty trained that if he would poop on the potty I would take him to ride the real Thomas the Tank Engine. I probably should have done some homework before making such promises but after he finally did it today I got online and Googled "Riding Thomas." Two things, 1/ Don't do that because you get more than you bargained for and B/ Revise your search to Riding Thomas the Tank Engine. Just a suggestion but go with me on this one.
Anyhoo, I came up with a place that we can drive two hours to get to, ride Thomas with the kids, meet Sir Topham Hatt and do Thomas stuff all day long! He will love it! River will miss her nap but she can deal if I bring enough milk and Goldfish.
I'm just glad he finally dropped a deuce in the potty. I have been begging him to do that for what seems like an eternity. He just refused and even tonight when he had to go I had to make him sit on the potty. He was running around the room holding his butt which is the international gesture for "I have to poop!" He seemed a little freaked out by it which I would think would be totally normal and the look on his face was priceless but he stood by it while we cheered like it was the head of a buck he just shot between the eyes! Very funny. He was very proud of himself and why not? I only wish there was this much fanfare whenever I needed to poop.
So, we'll drive to another state to celebrate our son. I will take a million photos and he'd be Thomased out by the end of the day. Well, he may not but I see that in my future. By the time we saw The Wiggles for a second time I wanted to hang Dorothy the Dinosaur up by her roses!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah Owen. Have fun on Thomas. I know my Owen did when he came to Baltimore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny! We have to do our homework before saying things like that. At least it was only two hours and not five hours away. We have Six Flags an hour and a half away and we visited Thomas this summer a few times. Have a great day!

    Mama Hen
    www.mamaslittlechick.com

    ReplyDelete