Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Ain't No Party Like a KA Party



Last night my In Laws offered to come up so that we could go to a Virginia Tech game at Fed Ex Field. I didn't go to Virginia Tech but my husband did, very proudly, which makes us a Hokie household. I am not a football fan by any stretch of the imagination and have a hard time keeping up with where the ball is but I knew his fraternity brothers and their chicks are always a good time so that's why I went.
We got their early after sitting in an ass load of traffic that could have been much worse. This is only the second college football game I've ever been to, the BCA game a few years back being the first. It was Virginia Tech playing USC and it was a birthday gift from Chris. Yeah, I know. I think this was our third or forth date tops so I don't give him too much grief about giving me a football game for my birthday. If he did that now it would be the equivalent of giving me cleaning equipment and my reaction do it would be monumental.
Besides poor Erinne who had food poisoning, I think I was the only one not drinking and I had a great time. Even with the stomach ache I had for the first hour or so. I brought my own food because of the whole diabetes thing but the food Tom cooked looked excellent! I did have a bite of the steak and it was all kinds of perfect! It was the tiniest grill so I had my doubts but these people are professional tailgaters so I don't know what I was thinking.
It was good to see Adam and of course Tessa and Brendan! It's nice to see my husband have a good time with his friends and the next morning to look at the photos and see the blood on his lip from where he shotgunned a beer with Brendan and Tessa! He has a tailgating injury! Funny as shit! I tried to get a photo of Chris shot gunning the beer but he did it before I could focus so I just got Brendan and Tessa, who took longer. My husband will be happy that I mentioned that. I also loved when the drunk jackass bumped into me and Chris forcing him to pour beer on my Nikon. I think that's the loudest I've ever screamed, "MOTHER FUCKER!"
We don't get to see any of these people nearly enough and there is never a dull moment when we get together. I'm kind of sad that we're all married because our weddings were crazy fun! His fraternity brothers are all kinds of nice and while Brendan may be my special favorite, I adore them all!
It would have been nice had the Hokies won but what are you gonna do?

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great time was had by all. I love it when my in-laws come over to watch the kids. Don't get me wrong I love my kids, but it is so nice not to have to put them to bed once in a while.

    ReplyDelete