Monday, August 23, 2010

Trendy Treehouse ~ First Day of School



Putting my three year old on a public school bus for the first time was heart wrenching. Not to mention that he was going five days a week. We had a few speed bumps like getting his bus stop moved from Taladega to our driveway and the bus not showing up at all but once I strong armed my way through that (as every parent should) we were good to go. He loved every minute of it but it was overwhelming for me.

Seeing my big boy stand on the sidewalk, with hsi Lightening McQueen backpack strapped to his back, waiting for the bus to come with such excitement was a wonderful thing! He'd talked about the bus for weeks and when he finally got on it, he went right to his seat and sat down. I got on to take some photos and he was smiling from ear to ear!

Good times.







ShutterLoveTuesdays


To-the-TOP Tuesday

8 comments:

  1. I fixed it for you! You are now officially What this Mom Knows. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. So LITTLE for such a BIG BUS!! Great shots!! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute, love the black and white shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that she lets you put a hat on her! BTW, I am following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gah forgive me!!! Guess thats what I get for commenting and looking at blogs with my rambunctious children being loud around me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's very emotional when your child goes on the bus on his own and especially so little,
    I love your photos and they just perfect in black and white

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! He looks so happy. love his Lightning McQueen backpack!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there!! Following from To the top Tuesday blog hop!!

    Francine
    http://princessmomof2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete