Friday, August 27, 2010

Taking the Cheese Wagon


Owen started school again yesterday. As it turns out, today should have been his first day but no one told me. I got a letter from transportation that his bus service would start yesterday so I got him ready, his bus picked him up and he went to school. It wasn't until last night that I asked myself why he went to school on a Thursday. If I'm being honest, it wasn't until late last night that my friend brought it to my attention that it wasn't Wednesday. I'd thought all day long that it was Wednesday! I do shit like that all the time. I hate it.


I knew he didn't go to that school on Thursdays so I called the school this morning to make sure he was supposed to be there today. Turns out they thought he was coming five days a week. I'm not sure where they got that idea because I could not have been more vocal during our discussions about Owen's schooling for this year and what I wanted out of it. They all agreed that my course of action was the best and that they were on board with my plans so the fact that his teacher didn't know is a bit off putting but I'm trying to let it go. It's only day one and I don't need to be annoyed by the people who will be caring for my son 2 1/2 hours of the day. I'll try to save that til mid year. Damn Mrs. Jean for being such a good teacher! I knew she set me up for failure!


Owen acted like he didn't want to get on the bus but once he did and I was able to get on and snap a photo of him, he was smiling and watching out the window. He loves the bus! He just doesn't love leaving his toys behind but that's OK. I get it. I don't like leaving mine behind either. After he got on the bus and it pulled away, River stood on the sidewalk and waved until the bus was gone. It was sweet.

I was finally able to get a photo of his sweet smile that he always has when he gets off the bus. I've only been trying to do that for over four months!


Very nice bus drivers! It really makes a difference.


1 comment:

  1. I am in LOVE with the picture of your daughter waving goodbye to her big brother. It's such a great shot!!!

    ReplyDelete