Sunday, August 1, 2010

Rules for My Owen ~ Revisited

The rules for my River went over well yesterday that I'm posting the rules I made for my son as well. These are the rules I made for Owen when he was younger. Now that he's a walkin and talkin fool, I wanted to revisit them to see what I'd like to add. He has such a big personality now that I knew there would be something I left out. I added the new rules at the bottom. While he's into all kids of new things, he still has the same sweet and gentle spirit he's always had so I don't really have to tell him to be kind, unless you touch his train table and then LOOK OUT!



Always stand up for what you believe in.

Be respectful of women.

Be kind to your sister, she looks up to you.

Do your own laundry.

Listen to your grandparents; they know what they’re talking about.

Always know that your parents are very proud of you.

Study hard.

Don’t be lazy.

Don’t settle for just any girl, wait for the best.

Be a friend your buddies can rely on.

Say “Please” and “Thank you”

Learn how to cook.

Don’t pee on the seat, or at least clean it up if you do.

Never be ashamed of your family, it’s a waste of time.

Learn how to swim, it’s important.

Never let anyone tell you who you are.

Tell people you love them, often.

Never apologize for what you believe.

Don’t be afraid to stand alone.

Take care of family photos. I've worked hard documenting your life.

Don’t let a week go by where you haven’t talked to your sister.

Love like it can’t possibly hurt.

Take care of your body and it will take care of you.

Strive to be an excellent father. It’s what is most important.





*New Rules*




Don't obsess over one thing. Find many things you love.


We don't change who we are because someone doesn't like us. They'll get over it or you can find another friend. Don't worry, you're a cool guy. People dig you.


Be willing to try new things. You'll find cool stuff that way. What if you'd never tasted chocolate milk? The horror!


Clean your room sometime. I mean really!


Ask yourself, "Is this girl worth my time?" If not, MOVE ON! Cause Momma will say something!


Always continue to play with your sister like you do now. She loves being in your life.


Catch fireflies at night, and then let them go.


Never tell your sister she looks fat. It will stick with her forever.


Continue to show your teachers the respect you do now. Hold on to your love of school as long as you can.


Your sister is going to think she knows everything. Humor her.


Always believe in Santa Claus. You start to get old when you stop believing.


Do things on your own terms. Don't let anyone tell you what to do. IE, your hair is beautiful!


If you walk in a room like you own it, people will assume that you do. Remember that.




No comments:

Post a Comment