Saturday, August 7, 2010

My Friends Are Sneaky Bitches!



Last night was a surprise of the best kind. The "I'm 40 train" actually made a stop by my house. I was sitting at the kitchen table, ready to go to a baby shower for a friend who is having twins. I was in the middle of blogging as I sat next to my shower gift, the shower signs, and my trail mix I'd made as a snack for the shower. This is the same trail mix I'd had a hard time keeping my husband out of ever since I made it. It's nothing fancy but every time I turned around he was knuckle deep.


I got up to do something and I heard my husband say, "Owen, look outside, there's a BIG truck!" Owen went to the window and I looked outside and walked away because I didn't see anything. I started to walk back down the hallway when I heard honking and screaming. My first thought was a rational one, who are these bitches screaming in the middle of my street?

I opened the door to see a white stretch limo parked in the street in front of my house and as I looked closer at the crazy bitches leaning out of the window, my next thought was, "Is that Angie?" It was at this point that my friends started piling out of the limo yelling and taking pictures (in Laura's case, video with her FLIP) and ran towards my house. In all honesty, I was completely shocked! I had no idea. Now looking back there were a couple of things that are funny now that I know what was going on, like Karen pushing me to go to the Hair Cuttery after I told her I didn't want to leave the house with my hair the way it looked after the botched haircuts and then Laura's reaction on Friday when I told her I was so happy that our friend Holly, the one having twins was going to be surprised at her shower. She just looked at me and laughed and said, "Oh yeah, she'll be surprised!"



So we piled in the limo and I was immediately handed a Michelob Ultra because my friends thought enough to get me a low carb beer because carbs just turn to sugar. Kelly even made diabetic carrot cake muffins which I thought were pretty good. There was also jell-O shots which I could eat all night! They've always been a favorite of mine.



We rode down into the city and on the way played "I Never", which was fun. That's all I'm going to say about that. We went to Power Plant live. I'd been there before but it's been a while. We went into a bar called Howl at the Moon. I am so going back there. You can request they play a song, get a drink in a bucket and catch some lesbian action in the bathroom because apparently the fun can't really start until you see some chick on chick action. I thought my friend Sherry was going to pass out when she saw that!


We got back into the limo after hanging out for a while and headed back to our area. On the way we stopped to take some photos in the city. I haven't seen them but I can't wait! We ended up at Cancun Catina in Glen Burnie. I have no idea where it is and would never be able to find it again but I don't know how that's even possible. That damn sign was gigantic! I'm pretty sure you could see it from space.


When we first walk in I notice this chick selling beer wearing almost nothing. She looked like a rockstar and had THE best tits I've ever seen! I was curious so I asked her and I think it was fair, "Are those yours?" She said they were but showed me that she was wearing three bras. Hey, whatever it takes! She seemed to get a kick out of it when I told her that if I had her body, I'd be spread eagle at Giant. In all honesty, she was packin heat. Her body looked like she was the reason "Brick House" was written.


One Louder was playing and while I think they're probably an OK band, they aren't what I would dance to. I need something with more of a beat. I think Paradise City is a good song but I'm not gonna shake my ass to it. The song I posted bellow is my favorite from the night. I think Puffy is a much better producer than he is an artist but I love this song! I had a great time and can't wait to see the photos that Karen took. I hope there is a shot or two of those guys humpin up on Kelly. It was also a great surprise to see Stephanie and Lisa! I really didn't expect that! I remember when Stephanie came I turned to Karen and said, "Will she like this music? She likes Dolly Parton?"




I'm not sure what actually pushed me over the edge. I don't think it was the beer. I think it was a combo of the shots we bought from the girl with the horrific tattoos and the jell-o shots that Kelly made because by the time we got to the bar, I was feeling no pain. I mean I remember being dropped off and clearly I got online but Chris said I crashed into something when I came in and I don't remember that at all. I remember Owen yelling out "Thomas, Thomas!" over and over again so I went to lay down with him so he'd go back to sleep. I heard Chris in the hallway at some point and got up to go to bed. I got up at 7ish to let the dog out because she was annoying me and stumbled into the sliding glass door so I was still drunk at that point and went back to bed until 11:30. I love being able to sleep right through a hangover. Ahhhh, good times.

Also, for the record, my husband has eaten his weight in that damn trail mix that he knew I would never use. I should also mention that when I woke up this morning my blood sugar was 98! That's the lowest fasting BS I've had since I was diagnosed! Go figure!





4 comments:

  1. Your friends sound like a good time. You're lucky to have such sneaky bitches in your court! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME! They pulled it off beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! Can your friends be mine too!!! Puuuleeeze!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am proud to be a sneaky bitch! We are so glad you were surprised! Karen better got those damn pictures uploaded soon, as I am chomping at the bit to see them!

    ReplyDelete