Thursday, August 5, 2010

Music I Love ~ XV

Yes, I know this isn't a woman, but I just don't care. I have loved Simon Lebon since I was ten years old. He was my first crush and I think he sings like an angel. He's a poet. I clearly couldn't decide on which Duran Duran song I loved the most because I love the way he sings all of them. I decided on two that I played at my wedding reception. I also played Hungry Like the Wolf and Rio but everyone has heard those. If you want high comedy, listen to the third song I posted. Duran Duran did an album called "Thank You." It's an album of remakes of some of their favorite songs. Chuck D loved it!


Perfect Day is a Lou Reed song from the early 70s but I like Simon's version better. I know that is blasphemy to some and I'm not just saying that because it's my guy because Duran redid Instant Karma and I didn't care that much for it. I love this version so much better than the original that I can't even listen to Lou Reed's version anymore. I think it sounds like a demo, yeah I know, blasphemy.



Besides his voice, the best thing about Simon is that when he messes up, he does it better than anyone. I've seen Duran Duran live over thirty times and have met them while following them all over. I think I've personally seen him fall or trip four or five times. I don't know why but he seems to do it a lot. When I went to You Tube to choose the song for this post (I ended up with two)I found clip after clip of him busting ass on stage. It's just comical. Don't even get me started on the bum note at Live Aid! That still makes me cringe. Although I was pretty forgiving when after I met John and told him I loved him, he said, "I love you too!" I'm totally OK with John Taylor cleaning up Simon's messes.


Anyhoo, I'd planned this thread of posts to be about kick ass women with beautiful voices that I love and it still is but sometimes you've got to include the fellas when they've earner their spot. Besides Simon, I can think of only one or maybe two other guys that I would include. I'm still contemplating that. I just couldn't have a list of music I love and not include my Simon. I mean I kissed his face every night before I went to sleep when I was in the 7th grade. You don't just forget something like that. I remember once Momma said if my grades didn't improve, she was going to take a rake to my wall and run it around the whole room. Ha! Good times.


This picture of me in my room in June 1985 still makes me giggle.
I love me some Simon Lebon!!!!






















3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for linking up to Talkative Thursday!
    We loved having you visit!
    I am now a proud member of your blog.

    Lucas's Journey with Sensory Processing Disorder
    http://lucasjourneyspd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duran Duran is pretty darn awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!!! I so love Duran Duran my room looked the exact same way. I hate when people call them a boy band. They were far from that. I guess those people hadn't seen the videos for the chauffer or the uncut version of Girls on Film. They were men writing writing hot song about adult themes. I still love them today. My hubby and I have a deal. If I ever meet John Taylor I have a cheat for free pass. LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete