Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Music I Love ~ XIV



"Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose."



I have loved Janis Joplin for as long as I can remember. I think her voice was raw with emotion, Jack Daniels and smokes. I love many of her songs and think that Pearl, which was released after her death is an excellent album. She has many others but this song is by leaps and bounds my favorite. I remember reading somewhere that she finished recording Mercedes Benz in August and then wet to her ten year high school reunion on August 14th, the day I was born. Jesus, has Janis Joplin been dead 40 years? Wow, that's unsettling. Anyway, she was dead by October 3rd so she barely finished that album but I'm glad she did.


Besides the whole heroin thing, I think she would have probably been a really fun person to know. Also, the car she drove kicked ass!



Janis Joplin's Bobby McGee is just a really, really good song. I can't even listen to it without singing my ass off! Pink did a cover of it as few years back and as much as I liked her, it pained me. Some things you just don't touch. Queen and Janis Joplin you just don't touch. You just don't. Paul Rogers I'm looking at you. Evil doer!





1 comment:

  1. I am going to have to start reviewing my Roman numerals pretty soon.

    ReplyDelete