Monday, August 2, 2010

Music I Love ~ XII

Grace Slick is fucking crazy. I think she slept with every member of this band. I don't know much about Jefferson Airplane,Jefferson Starship,Starship other than apparently they've had a long lived identity crisis. I can't believe the same band that recorded this song also did Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now from that horrible, horrible movie. Maybe that's because it wasn't the same band, but a band member or two milking the money train.

I think in the 60s Jefferson Airplane were awesome and she was a big ole messy drugged out part of that. She swears she'll never preform live again and it's probably a good thing. I don't want to see this 70 year old kicking her heels up. If I remember correctly she was arrested a while back for assaulting a cop. I don't know the story and don't care enough to look it up but it was something stupid like the cop came in her yard and she freaked out.

She has her merits. I think she is or was extremely talented and was important to music in the 60s. She was one of the first female rockstars and was pretty good at it. She's always been uncompromising, which I'm a fan of and her voice is powerful.

This song always makes me think of the Alice in Wonderland sculpture in Central Park. Funny because I'm sure that thing was erected decades after this song was recorded. We use to get drunk and crawl all over that thing. Good times.

Jefferson Airplane, White rabbit is an awesome song!

*I was wrong. I looked it up. The sculpture was there first. Live and learn, I guess*





No comments:

Post a Comment