Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Music I Love ~ Day XIII

This may be a little strange but I absolutely love this woman's voice! My mother listened to her when I was younger and I've yet to hear her sing anything that isn't amazingly beautiful!

Amazing Grace is a song that I've always loved and I think Judy Collins sings it better than anyone. We played it in the church at my wedding and as the guy who charged me too much played the piano, I heard Judy Collins singing. Apparently I have an affinity for the folksy rock chick! Who knew?

It also reminds me of the movie Silkwood when Meryl Streep sings it at the end. I thought it was powerful.

The one thing about Judy Collins that I always found funny is that she kinda looks like Madame, the puppet. I think the puppeteer died in the 80s so I know a lot of people won't know what I'm talking about so I posted a picture. Tell me you can see it.


Anyhoo, LOVE HER!






No comments:

Post a Comment