Saturday, August 21, 2010

It's All About ME ~ In Pictures!


As I sit here at 10 PM on a Saturday night surrounded by my gently used baby items, a stack of freshly printed price tags and a wealth of cheap disposable hangers I am over consignment selling. When I say "over" I mean I'm hella annoyed at doing this shit and my back is killing me from the time I've spent in this comfy but stiff dining room chair.
How I have 336 items when my youngest is only 19 months old is beyond me. I'm not even selling anything over 9 months. I have some things that I was given for 5,6 and 7 year olds but I'm not keeping that crap around here until River fits in to it. The rate she's growing she could be a freshman in college before some of this stuff fits her.
So as I prepare to say goodbye (hopefully) to a stack of the most annoying toys ever created (one actually laughs like a hyena) and clothes that are too small for both my children, my conscience and my heart are clear. I've got crate upon crate in the attic of things that I am unable to part with along with things I'm unable to part with and will someday make into quilts. I even saved their crib sheets to make some of the squares. Not to mention that I think River will be making a stop in a toddler bed for a few years so she'll be able to use her crib sheets longer. This is something unheard of for Owen since his legs were wrapped around the crib by the time he started scaling it at 18 months.
So, I'm going to bed early and hoping that it doesn't rain tomorrow so I can dunk my ass in a friends pool. With all this consignment sale crap, today was kind of a bust so I look forward to a better day tomorrow. If I wake up in the morning and it's raining, I'm going to be pissed! Nothing infuriates me more than shaving my legs for nothing.
So, this is me, today. No make up and my hair is even dirty. Go me!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a new follower from Surfin' Saturdays. :)
    Please stop by and follow me back @ http://atrioofboys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete