Tuesday, August 17, 2010

It's All About ME ~ In Pictures!




I made an effort today to do some face painting with my three year old. As has always been the case, he was NOT into it. I came at him with a pen and he covered his face and screamed. I think it's a sensory issue but I'm not totally sure. He's just kinda like me in that if you touch him, you should have a good reason. I get it, so I let it go.



I decided to paint my own face thinking that he could see that it's OK and he liked watching me do it but still didn't want his face painted at all. So, I sat here at the kitchen table painting vines and leaves on my own face. I felt a little foolish but he seemed to be having a good time. He kept telling me which colours I was using. "Momma's face is blue!"



Although I wasn't able to paint Owen's face, we had a good time. It's a little itchy and I can't wear my glasses while I do it but it washed right off! Painting that close to your eye is like using liquid eyeliner, which I wear but not all over like that so I just wanted to scratch the whole time.



I don't mind getting dirty if it makes the boy laugh.

1 comment:

  1. For doing that all yourself, you did a great job! My almost-4-year-old has never once had her face painted, she's just not into that. She has had her hand or arm done, but there's something about it on her face that she refuses. Oh well, to each their own!

    (Thanks for stopping by!)

    ReplyDelete