Friday, August 13, 2010

It's All About ME ~ In Pictures!

Today on my Birthday Eve I used my newest Birthday gift for the first time. I had a long morning of bitching at Best Buy for not showing up yesterday to pick up my excessively heavy 47" wide screen like we scheduled. It would have been nice if they'd at least called but whatever. Then I had to call my son's school that starts in two weeks to verify that he'd be in the afternoon class like they said he would be as opposed to the morning class that I got into on in the mail. I worked those things out which took a lot longer than one would imagine.

So I used my new Birthday gift after I put River down for a nap. I've wanted this for a long time and did a lot of research and ended up buying one of the cheapest waterproof cameras on the market. Not because it was the cheapest but because it seemed to the the most reasonable for what it will do and it got pretty good reviews. I hear the batteries lose juice quickly but I'm prepared for that. This one is good up to 10 feet underwater which is more than I will ever take it. They make some that are up to 33-40 feet underwater but if I'm ever 30+ ft underwater it's because I'm dead so I won't be needing a camera. I don't want to recreate the wheel, I just want to take photos of my kids in the pool.

I took it in the shower to test it out and this photo I took is more a leap of faith than you know. Generally when I let water stream down my face, I hold my nose. I wish I were making that up, but I'm not. I both love and hate this photo. I don't look all that great but that isn't what this is about. I have always loved photos of moving water so I like the drops on the side of my face.

So, this is me, today. At least you know I'm clean!

2 comments:

  1. So does this camera use film? What did you buy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I want to know too. Which one did you get? I've been looking at them thinking what a fun toy it would be.

    ReplyDelete