Tuesday, August 10, 2010

It's All About Me ~ In Pictures!


I spent the better part of the morning at the Pediatrician's office with my daughter. She will be 19 months old next week and she still isn't walking. I mean she can walk if you hold her hand and she's taken maybe five or six steps on her own but her legs start shaking and then she drops. She can stand independently and climb up on just about anything but isn't so great at walking. I'm not sure why that is. I know she has a low muscle tone issue but I feel like I've been waiting for her to walk for ages. We looked in Owen's file while I was there and Owen started pulling up at 9 months and was walking well before he was a year old. It is nice to have a Pediatrician who will take the time and listen to my concerns. It was the longest we've ever spent in that office and I was shocked to get back in the car and realize we'd been there for two hours!

River has been working with a physical therapist for months now and has made vast improvements but not enough for my liking. I don't know if that's because she just isn't ready, because she isn't getting what she needs from her physical therapist or because she just doesn't have the strength it takes. I stressed these issues in the Chaddis form I filled out online before I met with River's doctor so she knew where my head was before we started talking. After the exam she had some concerns with her low strength in her trunk. We both agreed that except for the one hand where she wears a brace, her upper body seems to be fine. So, she suggested getting her into Kennedy Kreiger or something similar like a Developmental Clinic at Children's National Medical Center. I'm not sure when I'm supposed to do this with Owen in school five days a week but we'll work it out.

Needless to say, I'm tired, annoyed and wondering how long it will take before I can get River into an appointment. I made the rounds already and am now filing out appointment forms on line, covering all my bases. I'm glad my husband suggested Chinese for dinner because the last thing I want to do is cook. I'm certainly not taking my ass back out in this heat to take a photo of myself. This is a photo of my while I fill out forms. My baby is napping while my son plays with his train table, so a regular day in this house.
The funny things is, I know I look homeless, I'm just too tired to care. So, this is me, today.


6 comments:

  1. Well thank goodness your hubby suggested Chinese for dinner...thank goodness for small favours. Hang in there with River, it'll come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're dealing with a lot. Hang in there! Hope that you can get it all worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with River. Hope it all comes together for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chinese definitely sounds wonderful to this pregnant mama ~ as for your daughter I pray that you get answers and figure out what's going on soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that you're able to find a solution for your daughter soon. I have a friend that struggled with her middle daughter as well and still has some struggles. She is seeing physical and occupational therapy twice a week, I think. It's just a rough thing though, and I hope you find some peace soon.

    ReplyDelete