Thursday, August 12, 2010

It's All About ME ~ In Pictures ~ Today I Met An Old Friend



I can't even tell you how happy I am to have my camera back! While I'm happy to have had my Coolpix and it certainly did better than I would have expected, I'm so glad to be using my DSLR again. While point and shoots have come a long way over the last ten years, it just isn't the same.

I'm shocked that The Geek Squad at Best Buy was able to not only get it back to me when they said they would but two days earlier. I have to admit that I called mid stream to check on it and didn't get much info other than "they received it and are working on it," but I only called because I was worried about my camera and I just wanted it back.

I was so excited when I opened the box that I took the dog outside during naptime and shot a few frames on a hot but otherwise really nice day.


It's funny but when you have something everyday and then it's gone, you have to remember how you lived without it. It's the same now that it's back. I have to remember how I functioned with it. I almost left it sitting on the table when I went out this morning which is a total no no. I NEVER leave my house without my camera. I certainly never leave it in the middle of the kitchen table!

So, I'm taking baby steps to get back into the game and might even be open to taking my Coolpix with me sometimes like if we go to a special dinner. It's not easy to lug my Nikon in my purse. I might be able to deal with the limitations of my PnS for the sake of worrying about my good camera and they did such a good job of detailing my camera that I want it to stay that way. I've never seen it so clean! I wonder how they do that?

Anyhoo, this is me, today, loving on my cool Nikon goodness!




2 comments: