Saturday, August 14, 2010

It's All About ME ~ In Pictures ~ I'm 40 Bitches!



Today is my Birthday. I get to do whatever I want today and as on every Birthday in this house, I got to sleep until I wanted to. I don't really know what time I finally got up because I never bothered to look. River woke me up when she came crawling into my room, busting the door open and standing by the bed yelling, "Momma, Momma!" This is totally fine because this never happens and it was so cute!

My husband made me Eggs Benedict for breakfast, which is my absolute favorite breakfast ever! This was actually the best breakfast he's ever made for me. Perfectly executed, excellent flavor profile and visually stunning. Yeah, we watch Top Chef.

I ate my breakfast under the beautiful flowers that Chris and the kids picked up for me. Nothing says "I love you" like putting my Birthday flowers in a Kappa Alpha Order Fraternity beer pitcher but it was handy. Looks kinda cool too.


After breakfast I snuck outside to take my Birthday self portrait. I snagged the pink hat I got River for her first Birthday party. I wasn't sure it would fit my big lampshade head, but I worked it out. My favorite I posted above but I put a few of the outtakes up bellow.

We're going to dinner at Morton's tonight and then we plan to do some Howling at the Moon. Should be fun. Until the in laws get here to watch the kids, I plan on doing absolutely nothing. I take that back, I might paint my toenails. Ahhhhhh, it's good to be me.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Do something fun! Celebrate! Be a star!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Michelle. I hope you enjoy your day and I love the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy happy birthday Michelle! I can only dream of being as cool as you when I turn 40! lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, and welcome to the club! Glad to have another cool member ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Gorgeous...can I just say---if that's what 40 looks like...BRING IT! You look amazing....hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete