Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Cheese Stands Alone





When you've been waiting for your daughter to walk as long as I have, a photo like this is worth every penny you've paid for your camera setup. She turned 19 months old today and celebrated in style!


I think it's funny that River decided to start walking the day after her Pediatrician referred us to Kennedy Kreiger to have her evaluated. It's a good thing too because those bastards never called me back!
She's got that Frankenstein thing going on but I don't care! She's trying and that's all I ask. I also like how now that she realizes she can do it, she wants to always walk. It pleases me to see her get up in the middle of a room and walk to wear she wants to go instead of crawling, which is probably easier.
I loved taking all these photos today of my baby standing up and walking. I'm so excited for her! Do you have any idea how many dresses she can wear now? I've got a closet full of dresses just begging to see the sunshine! She was able to wear a skirt today, A SKIRT! She hasn't done that because it makes crawling impossible. Oh the tutus! I've got an ass load of tutus I'm gonna bust out!
It was a good day.
Go River!





mingle mondays button

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Just found your blog... SO so cute!! Your little girl is a doll... And I love the twilight countdown :) I went to the Eclipse midnight show the night before I went into labor!! Yeah not a good idea (but I loved it!)
    -Candace http://cbbaby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's so precious when children start walking

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay River - it's like she's saying F U to those guys for not calling you back! She's also saying she doesn't need no stinking help walking so back off! LOL she is quite the cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that your daughter in the header? She is such a beautiful little one!

    I found you through Survey Junkie's Linkup! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daughter is so cute...Following you via Mingle Mondays. Do visit my blog
    http://purelyforfun.blogspot.com/. Would love a comment/suggestion and hopefully a followback:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining us today for the Tuesday Train.You have a great blog! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking up with the Tuesday Train!

    http://carissa8402.blogspot.com

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete