Saturday, July 10, 2010

Writers Guild Foundation Q&A ~ Melissa Rosenberg


Let me start by saying that I never win anything. I don't generally go out of my way to do so and maybe that's the reason but I won something today that totally kicks ass!


Melissa Rosenberg who is a screenwriter is giving a Writer's Guild Foundation Q&A in LA this week and they're live streaming the whole thing. She is the screenwriter for all the Twilight movies as well as Alley McBeal, Dexter and many other things. I have a friend who might be interested to know that she did some writing for Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman. She knows who she is and probably just choked on some bagged lettuce at the fact that I mentioned her.


Anyhoo, so I won these tickets to the live stream on Tuesday and I'm looking forward to it. I was one of 10 people chosen from her Facebook page. I was the first person to enter so that probably helped. Kudos to her for opening the contest during nap time!
I love hearing writers talk about how and why they started writing. I also look forward to hearing why she pulled certain things from each book and what she has planned for the last two movies. It lasts three hours so that's a lot of questions.


I'm tres excited!

12 comments:

  1. i am your newest follower! i really like your blog! so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes i did comment on your blog! i am a follower now. my other blog is www.bloggingjacqui.blogspot.com
    i found your blog through I Am Wonderfully Made. i made her button.

    ReplyDelete
  3. no sorry i found you through Not Quite Susie. haha. i had a mix up there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle! I figured I would pop over after you visited my site. Like yourself I don't win anything nor do I expect to. But I do try. I am a good 2nd placer! LOL

    I am excited to see what other topics you write about - ESPECIALLY since I am a fellow Twilighter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow....I love listening to writers! It's fun to gain little tidbits here and there. Very inspirational. You will feel PUMPED after the live stream I'm sure.

    Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! What a fab experience.
    I love what she did with Eclipse, not so much the first two films, but I guess third times the charm :-).
    Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Unfortunately, children will not be coming into the picture for another year or two so you might have to wait a while for that next post, although accidents do happen, so you never know ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Michelle!

    Great! We would love to have you join us! Just add the Over 40 Bloggers button to your sidebar and then let me know so I can add you to the list!!
    Thanks so much!
    Java

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Michelle!

    Thanks for stopping by the Over 40 Bloggers I added your blog to the list!!

    Thanks for joining the party!

    Hope you get lots of followers from it! Including me!! Please follow me back if you haven’t done so already!!

    Be sure to come by every Friday for the Follow Friday 40 and Over Blog Hop!

    Have a great day!!

    Java

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know if I have signed up to follow you but I will go check on that now.

    Thanks agian for everything!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, how exciting! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a thoughtful comment :) the pic on your header, is just tooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it. :-)

    Congrats on the contest! Keep us all posted on how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am your newest follower. Please follow me back at www.jessielynnsmith.com

    Thanks!

    <3 Jess

    ReplyDelete